Monday, February 25, 2008

American Mission Hospital

This is a shot of the entrance of American Misson Hospital in Juffair. It came into being for almost 115 years ago when the missionaries began their medical work in 1893 as where the building was then completed in 1903.

Currently it is under the gracious support of HM The King, Shaikh Hamad bin Isa Al-Khalifa, and the King's late father HH The Amir, Shaikh Isa bin Sulman Al-Khalifa. Please go here if you want to know more information about the hospital.

I am accompanying my good friend there for a medical check up. He is having a fever, sore throat and never ending coughing. From the information I got from the reception, there is about 70 % of population in Bahrain is having respiratory problem now due to the changing weather tha followed by sandstorm. As I mentioned on earlier posting, there are some heavy and bad sandstorm now and this respiratory problem caused by it. Honestly, I am having a slight soreness in my throat now. I hope I would not be catching any sickness now. I am taking some high dose Vitamic C daily, just in case!!

Well have a nice day all!

No comments: