Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Morning Has Broken

It's still early in the morning, slightly feeling better and way too wide awake since my Fajr pray, I opened the window and looked out at the sunrise. It's still amazed me at how beautiful sunrise will be, no matter where you are watching it. I love watching the sunrise rising up as it always gives me a new energy to start the new day. This also brings me to start humming Cat Stevens's Morning Has Broken. LOL though I was not born yet when it became famous, but I find the song is very inspiring, I feel that I can relate to Cat Stevens (Yusuf Islam) at how wonderful a morning and a sunrise is .


Just for a refreshing, here is the lyric again.


MORNING HAS BROKEN


Morning has broken, like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning
Praise for the springing fresh from the word

Sweet the rain's new fall, sunlit from heaven
Like the first dewfall, on the first grass
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden
Sprung in completeness where his feet pass

Mine is the sunlight, mine is the morning
Born of the one light, Eden saw play
Praise with elation, praise every morning
God's recreation of the new day

2 comments:

~tanty~ said...

Hehehe ... I posted exactly the same topic here last June :)

Mandy said...

Love this song - you'll find it on my blog here