Monday, September 10, 2007

A face of a foreign Worker

This guy name is Ali, he is from Bangladesh. He works here as the farm attendant. He barely spoke any English but he tried to communicate with me. I approached him for asking why the ditches are full of streaming water, especially now in summer. He pointed at the water pump at the end of a building. What it seems impossible for me, I saw a huge pump with giant oulet gushing out stream and stream of water. It is from the underground well.

His smile is so genuine and welcoming and probably because we have similarity, we share a brotherhood; he is a moslem. Somehow we are feeling our bonding and welcoming each other. Ali and thousands of others are coming to Bahrain for a better life back home (hey it includes me LOL). Bahrain is a young country and we are proud to be apart of hands who help to build the new Bahrain.

I am enjoying my time here in my new adopted home, how about you guys? any of you working overseas? Do you enjoy your time there?

1 comment:

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi ,
For a 'person you don't know' He's looking straigth into the camera, Nice photography! beautiful,

JoAnn :)